Shane Homes has a team of four talented interior designers – Marion, Brandy, Natasha and Catriona. They are responsible for designing and decorating our showhomes and they also meet with every one of our Shane Homes purchasers to help them with the exterior and interior selections for their new homes at our Expressions Design Studio. Marion took a break from her busy schedule to share her thoughts on what’s new and currently popular:
1. Kitchen islands: Wing walls to more clearly define the island and a furniture toe kick to make it look like a piece of furniture.
Photo: The Ladera showhome in Nolan Hill in northwest Calgary with wing walls.
2. Wood hood fan matching the cabinetry
Photo: The Tofino III Showhome in West Grove Point in southwest Calgary with a toe kick and wood hood fan.
3. Fireplaces: Tile facing with shaker style modernized columns and mantles. This frames the fireplace creating a focal point.
4. Stand alone tub
5. Floor tile installed on the shower and tub walls, with a decorative band in the shower to create a focal point.
6. Subway tile for backsplashes
7. Luxury vinyl plank flooring. Advantages: ease of maintenance, durable, waterproof, looks like hardwood. This flooring is being used in Nuovo by Shane Homes first condominium project, The Mark 101.
8. Shaker style paneling adds a modern touch and creates a wonderful feature on a larger wall.
9. Sectionals – comfy design allows for more relaxed family living.
10. Bar carts