At Shane Homes communication is very important – with our customers, with our trades and suppliers, partners, and with our staff.
In order to keep our staff well informed on what is going on in the company today, how our company is performing historically, and share our vision for the future, we hold bi-annual company meetings with all of our staff. We also take this opportunity to reward our staff for their years of service.
Here are some of the highlights that we would like to share with you, and give you a ‘sneak peak’ of what goes on behind the scenes:
Shane Homes first condo project launched!
Nuovo by Shane Homes, Shane Homes multi-family division, launched The Mark 101 in Sage Hill with a fully furnished show suite and a Grand Opening Party that attracted over 400 people to check out this great condo project – the first from Shane Homes!
Community Involvement – RESOLVE campaign
Shane Homes is part of the RESOLVE campaign to help end homelessness in Calgary. Shane Homes is one of a growing list of Calgary homebuilders that has pledged $15.4 million to build a series of apartment buildings to house vulnerable people who have nowhere to live. Each homebuilder is pledging a Visionary donation which together with provincial funding will build eight apartment buildings of similar design in different locations around Calgary, as well as additional projects for homeless families and singles. Shane Homes will tentatively be starting construction of the “Prelude in Radisson Heights” on May 1, 2016, with construction scheduled to be completed March 1, 2017.
Community Involvement – The Peanut Butter Golf Classic
Shane Homes will once again be major sponsor of the annual Peanut Butter Classic Golf Tournament, now in its 13th year, on Monday, June 13th. 98% of the proceeds from this ladies only golf tournament goes to Alcove Recovery Residence for Women (previously called Youville Recovery Residence for Women).
Wenzel Developments Inc. is part of the Shane Homes Group of Companies and specializes in land acquisition and development. After years of planning and hundreds and hundreds of hours of work, Wenzel Developments launched their first community, in conjunction with Apex, Midtown in Airdrie.
Looking ahead, Wenzel Developments is working on land development in SW and NW Calgary and is constantly on the lookout for new land opportunities.
Service and Warranty
Dave Rickett, previously Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Shane Homes, recently took over managing Operations and Cost Control. In his new role as Senior Vice President of Operations and Cost Control, Dave has implemented a number of changes with some very positive results including:
- A decline in deficiencies upon move in due to process improvements in pre-occupancy inspections.
- Increase in customer satisfaction in our service department as we now follow up with the customer within 24 hours after each service call to ensure that the service is done to our customer’s satisfaction.
Sales, Marketing, Interior Design & Drafting
In the building industry, Spring is a very popular time for showhome openings, this spring was no different with Shane Homes opening:
- 2 street town showhomes in Urbana in Nolan Hill
- 3 single family showhomes with front double attached garage in Midtown in Airdrie and Redstone
- 4 furnished duplex showhomes in Legacy in SE Calgary and Midtown in Airdrie
But that’s not it! We have more scheduled to open in the upcoming months:
- Hillcrest – Street town – April 30
- Midtown in Airdrie – Street towns – May 5
- Cornerstone in NE Calgary – Duplex and laned single family homes – July 2016 and single family homes with front double attached garage in August 2016
In Part II of this Blog we will announce the Years of Service Awards